Learn how civic involvement makes a difference as state officials address Nebraska homeschoolers!
February 21, 2018 — SAVE THE DATE, 8:30AM – 12:00PM
The full Legislative Day Agenda will be posted as agenda details become available.
This is the day to bring your children to the state capitol and have them learn about the legislative process. Features of the day include:
- Take a tour of the Capitol
- How to Interact with your senator – Dave Lostroh
- Visit your senator
- Observe the Legislature in session in the Norris Chamber
- Hear Governor Pete Ricketts and Attorney General Doug Peterson discuss issues
- Learn about the Judicial Branch from Nebraska Supreme Court Justice Jeffrey Funke
- Listen to Senators talk to you about important bills and issues
- Hear and meet HSLDA attorney for Nebraska, Dan Beasley
- Meet other government officials
- Panel Discussion: Homeschool graduates in government service discuss their jobs — with Q & A session
- Hear NCHEA discussion of legislative issues
- Attend Legislative hearings
This event is free and open to all homeschool families in Nebraska.