The Nebraska Christian Home Educators Association is a volunteer-based, state-wide organization dedicated to help home educators in Nebraska.
Click here to join!
Here's a list of some benefits:
- We publish a newsletter to keep families up-to-date on goings-on in the state as they educate their children.
- We help families locate and/or establish local support groups.
- We hold seminars to inform and encourage support group leaders.
- We coordinate the state Conference and Curriculum Fair (C&CF) and graduate recognition.
- We sponsor a state Homeschool debate tournament.
- We sponsor various seminars to help home school graduates build high school transcripts.
- NCHEA members enjoy a discount at NCHEA sponsored events.
- NCHEA members are eligible to join the Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) at a discount.
- NCHEA officers monitor the Unicameral and present testimony before the Nebraska legislature on behalf of member families.
- NCHEA alerts its members regarding legislation, legal and political issues on the state and national scenes effecting homeschooling and parental rights.
- NCHEA conducts a candidate survey during election years to help you make decisions at the polls and serves as a consultant to Nebraska legislators on issues impacting home education and the family.
- NCHEA officers represent Nebraska at national homeschool leadership conferences and network with the leaders of other state homeschooling organizations.
- NCHEA establishes relationships and dialog with government officials to:
o Deter the enactment of detrimental legislation.
o Encourage and influence legislation favorable to the rights of Christian parents to home educate their children.
o Provide information to parents so they can make informed voting decisions.
NCHEA Contact Information
Nebraska Christian Home Educators Association
P.O. Box 57041 Lincoln, NE 68505-7041
nchea (at) nchea (dot) net
Nick and Kathleen Lenzen (402) 423-4297
Patrick and Danna Swartz (402) 293-9476
- Nick & Kathleen Lenzen, President and Treasurer (Lincoln) Lenzen [at] nchea [dot] net
- Jeff & Jean Bennett, Vice President (Lincoln) Bennett [at] nchea [dot] net
- Robin & Tina Gould, Board Secretary (Lincoln) Gould [at] nchea [dot] net
- Dave & Lorraine Lostroh, Director and Legislative Liaison (Seward) Lostroh [at] nchea [dot] net
- Walt & Jolene Catlett, Director (North Platte) Catlett [at] nchea [dot] net
- Patrick & Danna Swartz, Membership Registrar, Web Maintainer and Newsletter Editor (Bellevue) Swartz [at] nchea [dot] net
- Dan & Deb Badeer, Legislative Liason (Hickman) Dbadeer [at] gmail [dot] com