The NCHEA serves its members in many ways.
Since 1986, the NCHEA has been encouraging, supporting, and defending Nebraska Christian families who are educating their children at home.
We do this by
- We maintain this website to assist homeschoolers in Nebraska.
- We publish a newsletter to encourage and inform homeschooling families.
- We are on Facebook and Pinterest.
- We publish Legislative Alerts.
We plan, conduct, and finance the annual NCHEA Conference and Curriculum Fair, with nationally-known speakers, workshops, and curriculum vendors.
- We conduct an annual Graduate Recognition for homeschool graduates during our Conference and Curriculum Fair.
- We sponsor a Kids Conference and a Teen Conference during our annual Conference and Curriculum Fair.
- We conduct Legislative Days at the state capitol.
- We sponsor seminars on writing and on developing high school transcripts.
- We monitor bills before the Nebraka legislature.
- We alert our members regarding legislation and political issues on the state and national scenes affecting homeschooling and parental rights.
- We present testimony before the legislature on behalf of member families.
- We conduct and publish a candidate survey during election years to help member families make decisions at the polls.
- We serve as consultant to Nebraska legislators on issues impacting home education and the family.
- We establish relationships with government officials to deter detrimental legislation and encourage favorable legislation.
Assisting Support Groups
- We serve as a resource for families establishing local support groups.
- We help families locate a local support group.
- We sponsor seminars to encourage and inform support group leaders.
- We speak at local support groups when asked.
- We represent Nebraska at national homeschooling leadership conferences.
- We network with the leaders of national and other state homeschool organizations.
Join with the NCHEA in Encouraging, Supporting, and Defending
Your Family, Your Faith, and Your Freedom