- The NDE draft rules that met NCHEA requirements was approved by the State Board of Education at the February 5, 2016, SBOE meeting.
- The NDE draft rules were forwarded to the Attorney General’s Office for approval on February 9, 2016.
- The Nebraska Attorney General’s Office approved the draft Rule 13 and the draft (repeal) Rule 12 on April 14, 2016.
- The Governor’s Office received the draft Rule 13 and the draft (repeal) Rule 12 for approval on April 14, 2016.
- The Governor’s Office approved the draft Rule 13 and the draft (repeal) Rule 12 on May 16, 2016 and will file them with the Secretary of State’s Office.
- The approved rules becomes effective five days following receipt at the Secretary of State’s Office, and is then incorporated in the Nebraska Administrative Code.
It is now essentially certain that the new draft Rule 13 will be in place for use in the 2016/17 school year and that the existing Rule 12 will be repealed.
The existing rules 12 and 13 are no longer available at https://www.education.ne.gov/fos/orgservices/exemptschools/RuleReg.html. The Hearing Draft versions of Rule 12 and Rule 13 that have successfully undergone the approval process remain at the site, and the Governor’s approved copy of the draft Rule 13 is also available there.
The Nebraska Department of Education will make the new official Rule 13 available at its website when it has been incorporated in the Nebraska Administrative Code (see 6. above).